Sales Engineer – Special Hazard Fire Protection
If you are a highly driven, self-motivated individual, with a positive attitude, and competitive spirit, you could be the driving force for securing new customers and generating sales of fire suppression systems in New England. We’re looking for an early riser, fast starter, and demanding driver.
Responsible for generating direct sales of clean agent and special hazard fire protection systems and products in the commercial and industrial markets. Also accountable for developing market awareness of special hazard fire suppression systems, prospecting for major sales opportunities and development of a strong customer base.
Candidates must possess strong communications and customer relation skills and have basic ability to design and estimate clean agent fire suppression systems.
- Develop and implement prospecting/sales campaigns
- Negotiate contracts and agreements
- Ability to design /configure basic suppression system
- Fulfill revenue quotas as specified by management
- Knowledge of the fire alarm/fire suppression market, its major customers / users, major competitors, regulatory requirements, and proven track record of direct sales.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- 5+ years, successful sales of electronic systems in the local market. Must demonstrate a consistent and proven pattern of sales success in the target market.
- Must possess experience in marketing, prospecting and quoting major projects. Needs to be professional and articulate with high-level communication skills.
- Strong prospecting, selling and closing skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Fire Suppression Technician
The successful candidate will be a technically proficient, customer focused fire suppression technician with an enthusiastic attitude. He/She will have the skills, knowledge, effort and attitude required to effectively service, inspect, and repair clean agent fire suppression systems; preferably for the Kidde Fire Systems product line.
Perform scheduled maintenance, service and inspection of existing fire alarm systems and fire suppression systems including FM-200, Halon 1301, and Novec 1230. Experience with Water Mist, Inergen, High & Low Pressure Carbon Dioxide systems not necessary but considered a plus.
Provide outstanding on-site customer service including:
- Communication with end user and or contractor to complete work on time and within budget, troubleshoot and resolve open issues.
- Maintain complete and legible records of all work and customer information using tablet onsite. Document all interfaces of our equipment with the customers other systems.
Your role will also include:
- Provide emergency service as needed to investigate and diagnose alarm and trouble conditions to determine cause and take corrective action in order to bring system back to a normal and armed condition.
- Perform final tie-ins, start-up, checkout and test of fire protection control systems including Kidde-Fenwal, Gamewell-FCI, Marioff, and Vesda.
- A minimum of 2 years of special hazards field service experience.
- Passport or birth certificate.
- Ability to obtain an ATF license.
- NICET II certification in fire alarm or suppression a plus.
- Superior time management, and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license with a clear driving record.
- Gamewell-FCI training a plus.
Candidates should possess team partnership skills, a positive attitude, independent work ethic, energy and a willingness to learn.
Working at ASSI
Located on the North Shore, ASSI offers a fun and exciting working environment.
We are a dedicated group of individuals who believe in doing great work, providing
excellent customer service and ensuring all of our staff feels like a part of the ASSI
Perks and Benefits
- Opportunity for advancement
- 401K & retirement package
- Health & dental insurance options
- Standard vacations and holidays